How to Throw the Perfect Backyard BBQ
It is officially BBQ season! Once the spring weather arrives, grills start turning on, and groups start gathering for family fun and backyard barbecues. Throwing a barbecue doesn’t have to be stressful. If you prepare ahead of time, you can have a no-fuss party where even the host has as much fun as the guests. Here are a few tips to help prepare you for a perfect backyard barbecue.
What do you need for a backyard BBQ?
Heading to the grocery store is your first step in gathering everything you need for the perfect barbecue. Cookouts do not have to be a costly occasion. You can throw a barbecue on a budget if you shop at the right grocery store. Is there a discount grocery store near me? In Memphis, people rave about the savings they find at Cash Saver. You will find the highest quality meats, a wide variety of condiments, local spices, chips and dips, a vast beer selection, and so much more. Here are some ideas of what should be on your shopping list:
- Condiments like ketchup and mustard
- Side Items like chips, dips, potato salad, slaw, baked beans, or corn on the cob
- Certified Angus Beef roasts, steaks, and more
- Hamburger and hot dog buns or rolls (depending on what meat you serve)
- Charcoal or wood chips and lighter fluid
- Bags of ice
- Mocktails or drinks for the kids, like Capri Sun or Sunny D
- A variety of beer, wine, or pre-made cocktails
- Burger or sandwich toppings, such as lettuce, tomato, pickle, and onion
- Paper towels, paper plates, cups, and plastic silverware
- Desserts such as cookies, frozen popsicles for the kids, or fresh fruit like watermelon and strawberries with a cream cheese dip
- Sunscreen, citronella candles or sticks, and bug spray
- Trash bags
To make it more budget-friendly, make it a potluck! Ask guests to bring side items or make the barbecue BYOB. Most guests are happy to oblige, and it removes some stress for the host.
What to do at your BBQ?
Choosing a form of entertainment is important. Give the kids some bubbles or colorful chalk while they play outside. For the adults, set up outdoor lawn games like Corn-hole or Bacha Ball, or designate a table for playing cards.
What is the best time for my backyard BBQ?
If you start your BBQ in the late afternoon, around 4 or 5 pm, this will be an excellent time to attract friends with children. If you want it to be child-free, starting later in the evening is appropriate and will be even more enjoyable as the heat will be less fierce. If you don’t want the party to drag well into the evening, starting around 1 or 2 is more suitable.
We hope these tips help you have an enjoyable and simply perfect barbecue. Visit any 3 of our Cash Saver for all your cookout needs. We have everything you need at a price you can afford!
Backyard BBQ, Backyard BBQs, best bbq prices, Best savings on groceries, cash saver memphis, how grocery shopping at Memphis Cash Saver, How to save groceries, how to throw a BBQ, how to throw the perfect backyard BBQ, memphis cash saver, Memphis Cash Saver Groceries, Memphis Cash Saver online shopping, perfect backyard BBQs, summer grilling