INEXPENSIVE AND EASY HOLIDAY DESSERTS
Memphis Cash Saver
Getting into the holiday spirit is easy when you have a delicious and inexpensive dessert to create for your family gatherings. You could even start a new holiday tradition to officially kick off the Christmas season! At Memphis Cash Saver, we have everything you need to prepare for this year’s Thanksgiving feast — from baking ingredients and staple side dishes to fresh turkeys and hams. Here are a few recipes to get you started this holiday season.
3/4 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
(1 stick) butter, cut into cubes
1/2 c. milk
1 c. smooth peanut butter
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
2 1/2 old-fashioned oats
1. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sugars, butter, and milk. Bring mixture to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
2.Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter, vanilla, and salt until combined, then stir in oats.
3.Drop tablespoonfuls of mixture onto prepared baking sheet and let set until cooled and hardened, about 30 minutes.
12 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
12 oz. white chocolate, chopped
1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
8 candy canes, crushed
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Fill the bottom of a large pot with 3” water and bring to simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to low, then place a large heatproof bowl on top. Add semi-sweet chocolate and stir occasionally until chocolate has melted. Stir in extract. Pour into prepared baking sheet and spread into an even layer with an offset spatula. Refrigerate until set, about 20 minutes.
- Over the same pot of barely simmering water, place another large heatproof bowl. Add white chocolate and stir until melted. Pour over set semi-sweet chocolate then top immediately with candy canes. Refrigerate until set, about 20 minutes.
1 box red velvet cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
2 8-oz.) blocks cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. powdered sugar
2 tbsp. heavy cream
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350º and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Prepare red velvet cake batter according to box directions. Divide batter among liners and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Let it cool completely. Break 4 cupcakes into small crumbs. Save remaining cakes for another use.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Add heavy cream and vanilla and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment. Using a small cookie scoop, scoop cream cheese mixture into balls and place on prepared baking sheet. Transfer to the freezer to chill for 1 hour.
- Roll balls in red velvet cake crumbs until fully coated, then return to prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
At Memphis Cash Saver, we are proud to offer the best prices in town for all your grocery needs. Not the baking type? We have you covered in our deli/bakery with tasty layered cakes and other pre-made desserts your family will love. After all – Cash Saver helps you keep more of your money! Follow us on social media for holiday store hours and weekly circulars featuring our best deals. Shop online and in-store for your Thanksgiving dinner needs, only at Memphis Cash Saver!
cash saver memphis, dessert, easy no bake desserts, holiday, holiday desserts, Inexpensive and easy holiday desserts, inexpensive desserts, memphis cash saver, Memphis Cash Saver Bakery, Memphis Cash Saver Groceries